This is a past/expired downtime notification. The downtimes specified below have been completed, and remarks/results are given below as well.
Unless otherwise noted, all dates and times are given in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), with time in 24-hour notation.
Update: The downtime is now completed, and everything should now be running normally again. The upgrade went mostly smoothly, only taking about half an hour longer than expected. Please feel free to let me know if you notice anything amiss.
Server ridley.fastlizard4.org has been scheduled for extended downtime to allow for its operating system to be upgraded from Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS (precise) to 16.04 LTS (xenial). 12 hours is being scheduled for this downtime, which should ensure that there is enough time to handle any problems that arise. The downtime is scheduled to begin on Sunday 2 April 2017 at 20:00 UTC. The downtime may last significantly less time if things go better than expected, or significantly more time if more things go wrong than expected. In addition, due to the nature of the upgrade process, services may be partially available during the downtime – however, stability cannot be guaranteed from when the downtime begins until the downtime is declared to be complete and the downtime notifications are removed from display. This post will be updated if the downtime completes early, or if it appears that it will take longer than expected. In addition, due to the extended nature of this downtime, it may be necessary to reschedule it before it begins – this post (and all other posted downtime notifications) will also be updated in that case.
More details about the upgrade process can be found in this post.
The following server and services will experience downtime:
- Date and time of downtime start: 20:00 Sunday 2 April 2017 UTC (convert to other timezones)
- Duration of downtime: Approximately 12 hours anticipated, but expected to vary
- Status: Completed, but took about 30 minutes longer than expected (total duration 12.5 hours)
- Partial list of services affected:
- Ladies On Two Wheels forums
- Star Trek Games wiki
- Wikitroid Skintest
- LizardNet Code Review (Gerrit)
- LizardNet Code Explorer (Gitblit)
- LizardNet Minecraft servers s1, c1, and c2
- LizardNet’s Teamspeak3 server
- LizardIRC server diamond.lizardirc.org
- LizardIRC’s website
- LizardMail services on ridley.fastlizard4.org (emails sent to fastlizard4.org users during the downtime will be delivered after the downtime concludes)
One thought on “2 April 2017: Operating system upgrade on ridley”
[…] ridley.fastlizard4.org: Scheduled for 20:00 Sunday 2 April 2017 UTC […]