This is a past/expired downtime notification. The downtimes specified below have been completed, and remarks/results are given below as well.
Unless otherwise noted, all dates and times are given in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), with time in 24-hour notation.
Update: The downtime was completed behind schedule at about 09:45 UTC. Several unexpected issues arose during the downtime, one of which required me to rollback the upgrade by restoring the entire server from a backup, then reattempting the upgrade. At this time, however, I have examined the server and I believe everything is working normally. I apologize for this downtime taking even longer than expected. I may delay the planned upgrade of ridley by an extra week to allow me extra time to analyze the situation on phazon to double-check that everything is working normally; if I do make such a delay, it will be announced through the normal channels. If you use phazon or its services and notice anything amiss, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Server phazon.fastlizard4.org has been scheduled for extended downtime to allow for its operating system to be upgraded from Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS (precise) to 16.04 LTS (xenial). 10 hours is being scheduled for this downtime, which should ensure that there is enough time to handle any problems that arise. The downtime is scheduled to begin on Sunday 26 March 2017 at 21:00 UTC. The downtime may last significantly less time if things go better than expected, or significantly more time if more things go wrong than expected. In addition, due to the nature of the upgrade process, services may be partially available during the downtime – however, stability cannot be guaranteed from when the downtime begins until the downtime is declared to be complete and the downtime notifications are removed from display. This post will be updated if the downtime completes early, or if it appears that it will take longer than expected. In addition, due to the extended nature of this downtime, it may be necessary to reschedule it before it begins – this post (and all other posted downtime notifications) will also be updated in that case.
More details about the upgrade process can be found in this post.
The following server and services will experience downtime:
- Date and time of downtime start: 21:00 Sunday 26 March 2017 UTC (convert to other timezones)
- Duration of downtime: Approximately 10 hours anticipated, but expected to vary
- Status: Completed with issues
- Partial list of services affected:
- LizardNet OTRS (emails sent to OTRS during the downtime will be delivered after the downtime concludes)
- LizardNet Continuous Integration (Jenkins) (Gerrit will not be able to trigger any jobs during the downtime, and they will not be run after the downtime concludes)
- LizardNet Minecraft dynamic web maps
- LizardIRC server emerald.lizardirc.org
- LizardIRC’s website
- LizardMail services on phazon.fastlizard4.org (emails sent to phazon.fastlizard4.org users during the downtime will be delivered after the downtime concludes)