This is a past/expired downtime notification. The downtimes specified below have been completed, and remarks/results are given below as well.
Unless otherwise noted, all dates and times are given in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), with time in 24-hour notation.
Update: The downtime is now completed. Now that the relevant XSA is released, it looks like XSA-212 is responsible. Once again, the QubesOS folks have put out a good summary of the XSA here.
The Xen development team has released a critical and so far undisclosed Xen Security Advisory (XSA), and as such, Linode (LizardNet’s provider) will be performing emergency maintenance on all of their Xen hosts. LizardNet’s sole Xen system, phazon.fastlizard4.org, will be rebooted as part of the endeavour to patch the Xen vulnerabilities before the public disclosure date of 4 April 2017. (More information can be found on the Linode status blog here.)
Note that this downtime is unrelated to the earlier downtime for OS upgrades on phazon.
The following server and services will experience downtime:
- Date and time of downtime start: 11:00 Tuesday 4 April 2017 UTC (convert to other timezones)
- Duration of downtime: Expected between 30 minutes and 1 hour, but up to 2 hours is possible
- Status: Completed on schedule with no issues!
- Partial list of services affected:
- LizardNet OTRS (emails sent to OTRS during the downtime will be delivered after the downtime concludes)
- LizardNet Continuous Integration (Jenkins) (Gerrit will not be able to trigger any jobs during the downtime, and they will not be run after the downtime concludes)
- LizardNet Minecraft dynamic web maps
- LizardIRC server emerald.lizardirc.org
- LizardIRC’s website
- LizardMail services on phazon.fastlizard4.org (emails sent to phazon.fastlizard4.org users during the downtime will be delivered after the downtime concludes)